Waukesha High School
Class of 1955
Our High School is now the
"Les Paul Middle School".
1) No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.
2) When your Mom is mad at your Dad, don't let her brush your hair.
3) If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
4) Never ask your 3-year old brother to hold a tomato.
5) You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
6) Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
7) Never hold a Dust-Buster and a cat at the same time.
8) You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
9) Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
10) The best place to be when you're sad is Grandma's lap.
July is the seventh month of the year (between June and August) in the Julian and
Gregorian Calendars and the fourth of seven months to have a length of 31 days.
It was named by the Roman Senate in honor of Roman general Julius Cæsar, it being the month of his birth.
Prior to that, it was called Quintilis, being the fifth month of the 10-month calendar.
It is on average the warmest month in most of the Northern hemisphere, where it is
the second month of summer, and the coldest month in much of the Southern hemisphere,
where it is the second month of winter. The second half of the year commences in July.
In the Southern hemisphere, July is the seasonal equivalent of January in the Northern hemisphere.
"Dog days" are considered to begin in early July in the Northern Hemisphere, when
the hot sultry weather of summer usually starts. Spring lambs born in late winter
or early spring are usually sold before 1 July.
July is the traditional period known as "fence month," the closed season for deer
in England. The end of England's High Court of Justice Trinity Term takes place
on 31 July. July is also the time in which the elections take place for the Japanese
House of Councillors, held every three years and replacing half of its seats.
If you have an interesting Problem, send it to me.
Check the birthdays. If you aren't there and should be, tell me.
" National Postal Worker Day
" National U.S. Postage Stamp Day
" National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day
" National Gingersnap Day
Send info to George